Featured Homesteading Seeds
- Medium Red Clover(Pre-inoculated & Coated)$24.50 $ / lb
- Crusader Italian Ryegrass$154.55
- Upland Native Grass Mix$15.95 $ / lb
- New Zealand Kakariki White Clover(Pre-Inoculated & Coated)$219.00
- Transition HQ Alfalfa(Pre-Inoculated & Coated)$229.00
- Winter Rye$14.95 $ / lb
- Tetraploid Perennial Ryegrass$179.00 $ / lb
Tools & Guides
Planting Midwestern native grasses provides a low maintenance ecosystem that restores grasslands and prairie gardens for wildlife habitat.
Many homesteaders look to cover crops for their ability to improve soil quality and fertility, reduce erosion, and set your garden or landscape up for future plantings! But why settle for cover crops, when pollinator crops do double the work with the same amount of effort?
No matter how big your farm, garden or food plot is, your soil's quality and fertility have a big impact on the success of the crops you plant. Deer Creek Seed offers a wildlife food plot soil test kit and we've used this test kit on one of our own plots. If you're thinking about using this test kit, or if you've used it and you'd like help interpreting your results, read our latest blog article for an in-depth review of this great tool!