Featured Homesteading Seeds
- Sainfoin Inoculant(100 lb Treatment Size)Rhizobium anobrychis viciaefolia$8.15
- Soybean Inoculant(50 lb Treatment Size)Bradyrhizobium japonicum$5.95
- #4 Pasture Mix$55.00 $ / lb
- Poultry Pasture Broiler Mix$12.50 $ / lb
- Llama & Alpaca Pasture Mix$97.50
- Lowland Native Grass Mix$19.95
- Premium Grass Base Forage Mix$85.00 $ / lb
- Upland Native Grass Mix$19.95
Tools & Guides
Many homesteaders look to cover crops for their ability to improve soil quality and fertility, reduce erosion, and set your garden or landscape up for future plantings! But why settle for cover crops, when pollinator crops do double the work with the same amount of effort?
No matter how big your farm, garden or food plot is, your soil's quality and fertility have a big impact on the success of the crops you plant. Deer Creek Seed offers a wildlife food plot soil test kit and we've used this test kit on one of our own plots. If you're thinking about using this test kit, or if you've used it and you'd like help interpreting your results, read our latest blog article for an in-depth review of this great tool!
With succession planting season in full swing for CSA farmers and market farmers, we wanted to highlight the advantages of using cover crops as you transition your beds from one crop to the next. Discover how cover crops can prepare your soil for the next generation in the latest article from our Master Seedsmen.