Perform a soil test for exact recommendations.
-50 To -23 C
-23 To -6 C
-6 To 21 C
How To Plant
- After your soil is prepared, apply the seed at the recommended rate. See the back of the this guide for seeding rates. To make sure you're spreading the seed evenly, scatter 1/2 of the seed walking north to south and 1/2 of the seed walking east to west.
- If you have poor soil, you could lightly apply an organic fertilizer after seeding, although this is not a necessary step for strong growth.
- Many choose to cover their grass seed after planting, even though this is not necessary. If you do choose to cover your seed to help retain moisture and hold the seed in place, we recommend a maximum depth of 1/4”. You can cover the seed with topsoil, sterilized straw, or peat moss. Coated seeds such as Bermuda and Clover seeds should not be covered more than an 1/8” deep.
- Water gently and regularly, keeping the seeds moist until they begin to sprout. This could mean watering more than once a day if you’re having a dry spell. Once the seeds sprout, water deeply and less frequently. This helps to ensure a deep rooted, healthy lawn or meadow.
- Do not mow until your lawn is at the recommended height. This information can be found on our website at the specific product page. For most grasses, this is about 3-6 weeks after planting, but could be longer depending on growing conditions. Remember to be gentle when mowing the first few times — the seedlings will be somewhat tender.
- After mowing several times, you can apply an organic fertilizer to promote strong growth, but this is not a necessary step.
Can be installed with a drill, no-till drill, hand seeder or broadcast spreader. Seeds need to be covered with soil and pressed or packed to ensure seed to soil contact.
- Customer Reviews
- Questions & Answers
-All small parcel orders for in stock items ship the next business day.
-Bulk orders shipped by pallet (LTL) ship within 1-3 business days. When shipped to residential addresses, these orders will require someone to be home to accept delivery. The carrier will usually call ahead to set an appointment time for delivery.
-Shipments are processed Monday through Friday. Orders received over the weekend will ship the following Monday.
-Orders shipped to PO Box addresses must ship via the United States Postal Service due to postal regulations. Large orders may require a physical address.
-On occasion, we reserve the right to use a different carrier than the one selected. Your shipping costs will not change and order transit times should stay the same.
-We take great pride in fulfilling your orders quickly and efficiently. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com or by calling (877) 247-3736 weekdays between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Central Time.
Deer Creek Seed Co. strives for complete customer satisfaction. If you would like to return any product please do so at the original place of purchase.
If you’ve purchased directly from a Deer Creek Seed Co. facility or via our website, please note the following terms and conditions:
-Returns or exchanges are permitted if the product is returned, shipping cost prepaid, to the origin facility within 30 days of purchase. Credit will be issued within 30 days of receipt of merchandise.
-Product being returned or exchanged must be in the original, unopened packaging. No credit can be given for product that is opened or damaged, due to the nature of our products.
-All returns must be preauthorized by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our customer service department at (877) 247-3736 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Central Time.
If you live near our Windsor, WI warehouse, you are welcome to pick up your order. Select this option during checkout.
Deer Creek Seed Co. Warehouse
6115 Pepsi Way
Windsor, WI 53598, USA